Join Our Team
Thank you for your interest in working for Cologne Academy. We believe that Cologne is an excellent place for families to work, play, and grow together. Cologne Academy offers its students an enriched learning experience through the Core Knowledge curriculum and an individualized approach to learning.
Employment with Cologne Academy offers teamwork, challenges and room to grow. We believe that excellent teachers are critical to the success of all students. We are committed to creating a high performance work environment with continuous professional growth in support of rigorous academic growth for all students.
Cologne Academy seeks professional educators who are passionate about contributing to our mission and vision that focuses on academics and character development.
Successful candidates will:
- Be hard-working, passionate, and committed to Core Knowledge curriculum and classical education methodology
- Use data driven instruction
- Be enthusiastic learners and leaders, as well as, outstanding classroom teachers.
- We are most interested in teachers who have an attitude that corresponds to the flexible and fast growing environment of Cologne Academy, as well as, a personal commitment to personal, student and school wide achievement.
- Implement school wide student management techniques and policies within classrooms and throughout our school
- Create and foster a positive learning environment
- Establish and maintain strong relationships and communications with parents and other school stakeholders
- Be available for parent conferences, open houses, and other events involving parents and our school community
- Assist in the development and continual review of curriculum standards and mapping
- Serve on school committees
- Be committed to ongoing personal growth and development
- Work hard and longer to ensure each student achieves his or her SLP (Student Learning Plan) goals
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS: To be considered for employment, professional educators are preferred to possess the following:
- Experience with, understanding and commitment to differentiated instruction
- Exceptional classroom management and instructional strategies
- Experience with or knowledge of using data to drive instruction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional knowledge of subject matter
- Desire to be part of a team that works hard and demands flexibility, enthusiasm, and team work
- Minnesota licensure in area applying
- Experience with and/or knowledge of the Core Knowledge curriculum
- Knowledge and experience mapping curriculum
- Ability to write rigorous assessments that challenge student achievement
To be considered for employment, professional teaching educators are required to have a BA degree. Paraprofessionals should have their AA degree.
The following positions are open for the 2016-2017 school year:
- Full-time Paraprofessional (2017/2018 school year)
- Part-time Paraprofessional (2017/2018 school year)
- Special Education Teacher
- Elementary Fellow
- Substitute Teachers
- Substitute Paraprofessionals
- Reading and Math Corps Tutor
- Submit your application
- If your application moves to the next stage in the hiring process, our hiring committee will conduct a formal phone interview.
- If your application moves to the next stage in the hiring process, we will contact you to schedule a panel interview with our hiring committee.
Lynn M Gluck Peterson
1221 South Village Parkway
Cologne, MN 55322
Please direct any questions to Lynn @ 952-466-2276
Position open until filled.